IAP2 ONE-DAY PUBLIC PARTICIPATION TRAINING.
INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATE PROGRAMME
This one-day course will provide participants with an excellent introduction to and overview of the effective foundations in participation and how to best integrate public participation into processes for decision-making such as EIAs and other assessments.
The course examines costs and benefits of and discusses when, why and how to involve the public, and emphasises the importance of both the decision being made and the promise to the public about their involvement in a process. IAP2’s Public Participation for Decision Makers materials will be used.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will have learned:
– methods for ensuring effective and well-planned and resourced participation
– principles of good practice
– when and why to have the public participate in decisions
– how to build in early stakeholder involvement
– how to communicate well with stakeholders, including communication of risk
– techniques for sharing information, collecting and compiling information and bringing people together
– when and why to use different technique formats, and insights into a few select techniques.
The training will be delivered by Tisha Greyling, one of the most experienced trainers in P2 globally.
The training is hands-on, interactive, and fun whilst learning and participating in group work. It takes trainees from theory to practice and back with ample examples and photos from real case studies, and real case studies used during group work.
Wednesday 31 October 2018
Register from 08:00, training from 08:30 to 17:00 with lunch and tea breaks
Aurecon Centre, Lynnwood Bridge Office Park, 4 Daventry Street, Lynnwood Manor 0081