FOUNDATION COURSE IN PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
Building Capacity for Effective Public Participation to Promote Sustainable Decision Making.
The International Association for Public Participation (IAP2) Southern African Affiliate is pleased to announce the presentation of this internationally certified training course in December 2018 in Gaberone, Botswana.
The training will be delivered by Elmah Nthebolan, a certified Principal Environmental Assessment Practitioner with the Botswana Environmental Assessment Practitioners Association.
Monday 10 to Wednesday 12 December 2018, Module 1,
Planning for Effective Public Participation (a prerequisite for the next course), 3 days
Thursday 13 and Friday 14 December 2018, Module 2,
Techniques for Effective Public Participation, 2 days.
Who should Attend?
The Training Programme is relevant to people in such diverse fields as:
- Practitioners and Consultants working in the field of Integrated Environmental Management i.e. EIAs, SEAs EMPs etc; for sustainable decisions making
- Decision makers and authorities entrusted responsibility to roll-out Governmental policies, plans, programmes and projects
- Project Managers in infrastructural development projects
- Political authorities at local, regional and national levels of Government
- Social/Community Development liaison officials